As the seasons change and the weather get cooler, proper vehicle maintenance can help save you time and money. As always safety and preventative maintenance are our top concerns. Here are 5 easy Fall maintenance tips:
1) Have your battery inspected, particularly if it is over 3 years old. The harsh heat of the summer can weaken the battery and then the cooler weather in the fall/winter may prevent the vehicle from starting if it is weak enough. Stop on in at the shop and we will load test your battery, starting and charging system free of charge.
2) Change your wiper blades !. Your wiper blades should be clearing the windshield with out streaking, if they are streaking or torn come on in for a quick and easy wiper replacement.
3) Check your air filters, over the spring and summer months pollen, dust and humidity are caught in the engine air and cabin air filters. Both of the these filters should be replaced annually around this time to prevent loss of fuel economy (engine air filter) and bad odors / allergens in the vehicle (cabin air filter. Both filters can be replaced here at the shop and if you are unsure if you need new filters, we offer free inspection.
4) Inspect your tires for proper air pressure, condition and depth. Tires are the most important, frequently overlooked safety maintenance item on your vehicle. The summer months are particularly hard on tires, the heat expands the air inside often causing over inflation. Dry rotting starts to develop from a combination of heat, expansion and improper tire pressure. The heat of the summer makes roads hotter than other times of the year, this heat makes rubber softer and tires wear at a faster pace. In the fall months the tires need to be inspected to ensure that they are in good working order for the cooler months ahead. We always offer free tire inspection and pressure checks !
5) Coolant service (winterizing), as coolant ages it loses its ability to prevent freezing and / or gelling at lower temperatures. Using a hydrometer our technicians can test the condition of your coolant to make sure you are all set for the winter.
Call Feldman Auto Repair (904) 217-0865 or use our appointment setter option on our website (pull out tab, left side of screen).
Mike and the entire team at Feldman Auto Repair are the best! They are knowledgeable, honest, trustworthy, and fast - everything you hope to find, but so often can’t, when you have an auto emergency. I would give them more than 5 stars if I could. I highly recommend them for all of your auto repair needs!
Mike and his crew are some of the nicest people around. They are quick and thorough with their inspections on the vehicles. They are prompt in getting the information back to the client so they can make a decision. The knowledge of the techs is Top shelf. I take all of my vehicles to Mike's shop and will continue to. Best in the business!!!
First our ac didn't blow out cold, it was fixed that day at a fair price. Today our abs light was on, it was corrected right away at a great price. Now our battery light came on, they diagnosed on the spot, then repaired our defective alternator. The wait might be all day , but the end result is worth it. We have found our new mechanic, honest and fair. They also fixed our A/C taking our whole dashboard out, fixing the unit in less time then quoted and also cleaned the inside of our car. I have never had a better more honest mechanic then Feldman Auto Repair
These guys live up to the 5 stars. Had a problem with my O2 sensors in my exhaust. This was my first time there as I'm new to the area. They were very up front about everything. Showed me the computer scanner readout that pinpointed the problem and talked to me about resolutions. Ran into some complications, so they took my car over to a trusted muffler place of theirs. They drove it over and back for me! Felt like a VIP. Above and beyond service. My car has a new auto home for service. It's Feldman.
I've been bringing my 3 vehicles to Feldman Auto for a couple of years. I have found them to be honest, reliable and fairly priced. The vehicle is done when they say and they make sure that I'm completely satisfied. I highly recommend them.
These are your guys...we were traveling north and had major electrical issues on our 2004 Toyota truck. They got us in and out in less than 3 hours with an amazingly fair price. We sat in their office with our dog waiting and saw how fair and honest they spoke with everyone that came in and to each other. It’s a shop, not a fancy hangout, but the work’s right and fair!
I went to Firestone and they told me I needed new front brake pads and rear cylinders and that it would cost 850. I called Feldman and they said the same work would only cost 500. So I dropped my car off and when I came back the next day it turns out Firestone was wrong (probably lied) and my rear cylinders were fine, just needed front brakes. So Feldman was honest and it ended up only costing me 315.
WOW, is all I really need to say. Totally impressed and now have a regular mechanic. I called and got estimate for my brakes as I had serious problems. Gave me an estimate over the phone instantly. I took my car in the next day at 8 a.m and dropped it off. Came back around 9 a.m to wait on it. I went to the waiting room and was informed my car was completed and ready. 1 hour for a brake job and the estimate was pretty much dead on, due to taxes etc. By all means, use this garage! I will be going back for all my repairs!