As the seasons change and the weather get cooler, proper vehicle maintenance can help save you time and money. As always safety and preventative maintenance are our top concerns. Here are 5 easy Fall maintenance tips:
1) Have your battery inspected, particularly if it is over 3 years old. The harsh heat of the summer can weaken the battery and then the cooler weather in the fall/winter may prevent the vehicle from starting if it is weak enough. Stop on in at the shop and we will load test your battery, starting and charging system free of charge.
2) Change your wiper blades !. Your wiper blades should be clearing the windshield with out streaking, if they are streaking or torn come on in for a quick and easy wiper replacement.
3) Check your air filters, over the spring and summer months pollen, dust and humidity are caught in the engine air and cabin air filters. Both of the these filters should be replaced annually around this time to prevent loss of fuel economy (engine air filter) and bad odors / allergens in the vehicle (cabin air filter. Both filters can be replaced here at the shop and if you are unsure if you need new filters, we offer free inspection.
4) Inspect your tires for proper air pressure, condition and depth. Tires are the most important, frequently overlooked safety maintenance item on your vehicle. The summer months are particularly hard on tires, the heat expands the air inside often causing over inflation. Dry rotting starts to develop from a combination of heat, expansion and improper tire pressure. The heat of the summer makes roads hotter than other times of the year, this heat makes rubber softer and tires wear at a faster pace. In the fall months the tires need to be inspected to ensure that they are in good working order for the cooler months ahead. We always offer free tire inspection and pressure checks !
5) Coolant service (winterizing), as coolant ages it loses its ability to prevent freezing and / or gelling at lower temperatures. Using a hydrometer our technicians can test the condition of your coolant to make sure you are all set for the winter.
Call Feldman Auto Repair (904) 217-0865 or use our appointment setter option on our website (pull out tab, left side of screen).
Our AC went out on the way to Vacation. Feldman was able to check it out and repair it the next day. They also caught our belt being cracked and replaced that. The price was reasonable. Vacation saved.
ABS Brake Service warning light had me scrambling the day before a planned long road trip. A friend recommended Feldman Auto. They were able to fit me in immediately, diagnosing and repairing the issue that day. Both the service provided and work performed were exceptional. Years of using my car’s dealership service department exclusively are at an end. It’s Feldman Auto going forward for me. I highly recommend Feldman Auto. You won’t be disappointed.
Quality service, reasonable pricing, and a friendly staff. I went to them exclusively when I lived in St. Augustine, and I still have my vehicles serviced here whenever I come to town now that I live in Asheville. They’re very good at what they do.
Very Quick accurate diagnostic. Over delivered on what I expected with the things they checked and brought to my attention. I feel these guys are fair priced, honest and are interested in return business. I would trust my wife taking a car here and getting a fair assessment. I’m very satisfied.
Wow, what a find! An auto service so professional and efficient. My wife's Jaguar is her pride and joy, and now we have a fair pricing & knowledgeable & friendly auto service garage in the neighborhood. No more traveling to a distant dealer for service . Feldman Auto Repair makes us very happy. M&J Matthews
I moved to St Augustine and struggled for 10 yrs to find a good mechanic who didn't rip me off. These guys treat your car like it's their own and are super nice and honest. Don't go anywhere else in St Aug (including dealerships) if you need a mechanic!
I can’t say enough how honest and fair they are with repairs! Each time I’ve taken my car to the dealer for a diagnostic I’ve received astronomically high quotes for repair. Then I come here, get the same diagnosis but for a lesser quote and it’s always fixed quickly. They are fantastic.
Mike and his team are the best! My vehicle had a check engine light on, my heater was stuck on, not a good thing in FL. They quickly diagnosed the problems, communicated my options, and completed the work. Honest, reliable and fair pricing. I will use Feldman’s for all my future auto repairs!
Fast service, fair prices and super friendly. Took our family car in for a diagnosis, and had not only the diagnosis but also the repair done in the same day! They recommended a few other things that would need to be done in the near future, but weren't pushy, like most other shops I have been to. Would definitely recommend.
Mike and the entire team at Feldman Auto Repair are the best! They are knowledgeable, honest, trustworthy, and fast - everything you hope to find, but so often can’t, when you have an auto emergency. I would give them more than 5 stars if I could. I highly recommend them for all of your auto repair needs!
Mike and his crew are some of the nicest people around. They are quick and thorough with their inspections on the vehicles. They are prompt in getting the information back to the client so they can make a decision. The knowledge of the techs is Top shelf. I take all of my vehicles to Mike's shop and will continue to. Best in the business!!!
First our ac didn't blow out cold, it was fixed that day at a fair price. Today our abs light was on, it was corrected right away at a great price. Now our battery light came on, they diagnosed on the spot, then repaired our defective alternator. The wait might be all day , but the end result is worth it. We have found our new mechanic, honest and fair. They also fixed our A/C taking our whole dashboard out, fixing the unit in less time then quoted and also cleaned the inside of our car. I have never had a better more honest mechanic then Feldman Auto Repair
These guys live up to the 5 stars. Had a problem with my O2 sensors in my exhaust. This was my first time there as I'm new to the area. They were very up front about everything. Showed me the computer scanner readout that pinpointed the problem and talked to me about resolutions. Ran into some complications, so they took my car over to a trusted muffler place of theirs. They drove it over and back for me! Felt like a VIP. Above and beyond service. My car has a new auto home for service. It's Feldman.
I've been bringing my 3 vehicles to Feldman Auto for a couple of years. I have found them to be honest, reliable and fairly priced. The vehicle is done when they say and they make sure that I'm completely satisfied. I highly recommend them.
These are your guys...we were traveling north and had major electrical issues on our 2004 Toyota truck. They got us in and out in less than 3 hours with an amazingly fair price. We sat in their office with our dog waiting and saw how fair and honest they spoke with everyone that came in and to each other. It’s a shop, not a fancy hangout, but the work’s right and fair!
I went to Firestone and they told me I needed new front brake pads and rear cylinders and that it would cost 850. I called Feldman and they said the same work would only cost 500. So I dropped my car off and when I came back the next day it turns out Firestone was wrong (probably lied) and my rear cylinders were fine, just needed front brakes. So Feldman was honest and it ended up only costing me 315.
WOW, is all I really need to say. Totally impressed and now have a regular mechanic. I called and got estimate for my brakes as I had serious problems. Gave me an estimate over the phone instantly. I took my car in the next day at 8 a.m and dropped it off. Came back around 9 a.m to wait on it. I went to the waiting room and was informed my car was completed and ready. 1 hour for a brake job and the estimate was pretty much dead on, due to taxes etc. By all means, use this garage! I will be going back for all my repairs!